- Communication Skills
- Duration : 5 days
The ability to communicate effectively is a key skill. Organisations depend upon people being able to get their message across clearly and this course will help you to establish and maintain co-operative relationships inside and outside the workplace.
Being able to communicate well will enhance every aspect of your job and personal life. People will understand you and respond more positively to you. You will encounter less resistance and frustration with your ideas. Being able to express yourself clearly and in the correct way will change the way you are seen and, if research is anything to go by, will do more for your promotion prospects than any technical skill you could learn.
You will benefit from this course if you need to build relationships with others, either face to face, in meetings or on the telephone and want to deliver clear and effective messages.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively
- Apply the push/pull model of communicating
- State the attributes of effective listeners and incorporate them into your own listening skills
- Give and receive feedback
- Demonstrate listening and questioning skills effectively
- Identify how your inner thinking affects the way you communicate
- Recognise the mistakes that cloud understanding
- Improve written skills - for both documents and emails
- State the relevance of non-verbal communication
- Recognise the impact of your communication style on others using a variety of models
- Demonstrate the importance of assertiveness and its impact on communication
- Identify the quality of your relationships and pinpoint the ones you need to improve using a variety of tools and techniques
- Prepare for and practice dealing with challenging situations