- Personal and Employee Development
- Duration : 5 days
The level of competition in current business environment requires an increasing focus on practices that assist in setting of goals, managing of the planning function and making proper decisions. Businesses and indeed, all organizations, find themselves needing to find more productive methods of planning, more appropriate goals and effective means of making decisions. This means goals are established, plans developed and decisions made which change processes, procedures, methods of doing business and better meet customer and stakeholder needs. A focus on using productive practices allows for effective and efficient management of work and making changes in the organization. The course is designed to give participants an understanding of several management methods, processes and procedures, as well as practice on several key management techniques. The principles used are easily adapted to an organization's or individual's work assignments. The course presents a methodology of common, standard management techniques using a simple theoretical foundation and enhances learning with practical activities so students can develop knowledge and skill to manage more effectively and efficiently.
- Understand and develop skills necessary to set goals and complete work on time
- Recognize internal and external influences on our daily planning and decision making
- Use basic planning process tools to plan work strategy
- Set goals effectively and efficiently
- Learn how to establish and maintain task deadlines
- Consider methods of improving decision making
- Understand how delegation can be used in setting of goals and planning
- Understand the characteristics of colleagues who assist in our teams
- Develop positive interpersonal techniques for better team relationships
- Develop the ability to make higher quality decisions as individuals and teams
The course is designed for anyone who desires to learn practical management techniques that will assist them in making good decisions, setting personal and team goals and develop personal and team plans. The course is appropriate for those who are responsible for managing any type of group or team or those who want to learn some skills to be able to better manage their work.