- Mechanical and Operations
- Duration : 5 days
This course teaches participants how to develop a Pump-IST (Inservice Test) Program that the NRC will accept and approve. It covers the full range of Pump-IST requirements, including general concepts, the scope of Pump-IST, overviews of ISTA and ISTB, pump testing, program preparation, comprehensive pump test, pump vibration, risk-informed initiatives, performance-based initiatives, and two case studies.
It focuses specifically on the NRC required 10-year updates of the Pump-IST Program. Although the course is geared toward IST engineers working at a plant, or IST program regulators with 5-10 years of experience in the nuclear industry, it also teaches engineers, who are new to the field, the basics of safety systems and standby equipment.
You Will Learn
- How to perform ten-year updates of the Pump-IST program
- The latest Pump-IST requirements, including ASME OM Code, Subsection ISTB
- Pump-IST strengths and weaknesses
- Details of current and future regulatory changes affecting Pump-IST
Inservice test engineers, maintenance engineers, Inservice testing program regulators, licensing engineers