- Mechanical and Operations
- Duration : 5 days
Planning and managing plant shutdown and turnarounds is a complex and demanding function. If not properly planned, managed and controlled, companies run the risk of serious budget overruns and schedule delays. This course presents a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of shutdowns and turnaround planning and management.
The course material is developed on the principle that to achieve exceptional result and performance, strategic management knowledge, problem-solving capabilities and interaction/communication skills must be developed and practiced. Among the important subject covered are early and strategic planning, setting organization. Systematic materials procurements, management controls and procedures and contractor monitoring. Discussions cover all phase of turnaround execution, from strategic planning, scope development, contracting strategy, planning scope and execution to post turnaround activities. Numerous examples and hand –on case studies of recently completed shutdown/turnaround are illustrated to emphasize major management and planning issues.
This interactive course provides a forum for problem-solving and turnaround solutions. The program emphasizes and explains the need for the plant staff and organizations, contractors and vendors to combine their knowledge, resources and energies and work as a unified team to achieve turnaround goals and company objectives.
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed to benefit individual involved in the planning, co-operation and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds. The course is especially valuable for shutdown managers, coordinators, turnaround planning and cost control staff, construction superintendent and supervisors, operations coordinators, project engineers and contract administrators
Upon completion of this course, participants will gain an understanding of:
- Effective shutdown/ turnaround management techniques and their systematic implementation,
- Strategic planning and integrated organization approach for planning and managing successful shutdowns, and
- How to identify chronic problem areas and develop workable solutions for enhancing shutdown performance.
- Overview and Introduction
- Strategic Execution Planning
- Shutdown Management Plan
- Planning and Schedule Controls
- Manpower Planning and Control
- Materials and Equipment management
- Productivity Tracking and Improvement
- Safety and Quality Programs
- Implementing Efficient Shutdown Management
- Organization and Responsibilities
- Work Scope Development
- Pre-and Post- Shutdown Work Scope
- Progress measurement and Reporting
- Cost Management and Forecasting
- Contractor Management and Controls