- Process Operation
- Duration : 5 days
This course is designed to address the difficulty most companies face when attempting to use the Master Production Schedule. Combining theory with computer based simulations gives delegates the opportunity to practice what they have learnt and develop enhanced skills.
Who Will Benefit?
Delegates should be reasonably familiar with current manufacturing control systems and the principles of ERP/MRPII. Materials Directors/Managers, Production Directors, Production Control Managers, Purchasing Managers, Material & Inventory Planners and Master Schedulers are typically the most appropriate audience.
What Will The Course Cover?
- Understanding the MPS process
- Planning horizons and lead times
- Rough cut and finite capacity planning
- Scheduling and promise dates
- Achieving schedule stability
- Effective management of schedule changes
- Simulation and impact analysis
- Linking the short and medium term
- Scenario planning and reporting
- Measuring process performance
The course is designed to focus on how to set and manage the Master Production Schedule. It will enable you to:
- implement credible and appropriate techniques for managing the Master Production Schedule;
- improve service levels and productivity;
- Reduce inventory.