- Advanced Supply Management
- Duration : 5 days
A well-managed warehouse is now recognised as a potentially major source of competitive advantage as opposed to just another source of cost before product reaches the customer. To achieve this competitive advantage, it is important to choose the right type of operation, processes and equipment, and then understand and continuously improve performance through appropriate measures and controls.
Through case studies, examples and exercises in this workshop you will learn:
- The role and functions of the warehouse in today’s supply chain
- Discover the many different types of warehouses and how to develop an appropriate warehouse strategy and network for your business, including the outsourcing process.
- Warehouse operations, procedures and processes
- Understand how, from receiving to despatch, all operations can be performed with greater efficiency using technology and manpower in the most efficient and effective ways, including the functionality of a warehouse management system for planning, monitoring and control.
- How technology can be used to best advantage in the warehouse
- Learn from case studies how other companies have improved their operational productivity and delivery performance using the latest technologies and equipment for warehouse planning, materials handling and storage.
- Warehouse cost management and performance controls
- Analyse the potential sources of cost in the warehouse and their relationship to performance. Gain hands-on practice in calculating key performance indicators and identify the most effective way to present your analysis.